Welcome to the Ocean Plastic Forum site!
The Ocean Plastic Forum is a partner and member organization working towards developing technologies and business models for collecting plastic from the ocean, rivers, sea shores, harbours and waters globally.
The aim is to improve the environment in the aquatic sphere and along the shores by recovering the plastic. The aim is also to cycle the recovered plastic as high as possible in the value chain with the largest possible plastic quantities recycled into new products, alternatively technologies that convert the plastic so it can be recycled in the form of monomer recovery / new polymers.
The Ocean Plastic Forum partners are:
- Maskinmestrenes Forening – chairman of Ocean Plastic Forum
- Bifrost: Danish ocean plastics consultant in Singapore
- Clean Seabed: Ships, divers and subsea garbage collection company
- Desmi RoClean – equipment combatting marine pollution
- DTU – Denmarks Technical University
- Danske Maritime – the association of maritime suppliers
- DAKOFA – the competence center for waste og ressources
- Danish Shipping – the association of Danish ships
- Danske Havne – brancheorganisationen for Danish harbours
- DPPO: Danmarks Pelagiske Producentorganisation (DPPO)
- FIMUS – Fiskeri- og Søfartsmuseet – OceanLab
- Fritz Eilersen innovation – innovation and technology. Diver.
- GreenCo: Depolymerization plant turning plastics into re-useable products
- HEGSØ: Recruitment and headhunting for Cleantech, energy og industry.
- IUG – the NGO Engineers without Borders
- KIMO – international environmental NGO with a focus on coastline
- Maersk Supply Service – supply ships and global services & solutions
- Pack Tech: Plastic products and packaging solutions
- PlanMiljoe: Environmental consultant
- Plast Center Danmark – the plastics knowledge center
- Plasticchange – NGO with a focus on plastic pollution
- Plastindustrien – confederation of Danish Industries
- Port Environment – harbour consultant
- Reaktor & DeNova – sorting of waste og pyrolysis
- Strandet – hands-on plastic hotspots – Danish West Coastline
- Re-bag – plastic bags and other plastic products
- RICE – interior og accessories in plastic
- RUC – Roskilde University
- SeaMachines – autonomous control systems for watercraft,
- Udenrigsministeriet – the ministry of foreign affairs
- WWF: the global environmental NGO
- Von Plast – production of plastic grains and products
Members of this formal network – Ocean Plastic Forum – case-by-case decide to be involved in projects as a main contractor or a sub-contractor. For membership please press Contact and membership.