Welcome to the Ocean Plastic Forum site!
The Ocean Plastic Forum is a partner and member organization working towards developing technologies and business models for collecting plastic from the ocean, rivers, sea shores, harbours and waters globally.
The aim is to improve the environment in the aquatic sphere and along the shores by recovering the plastic. The aim is also to cycle the recovered plastic as high as possible in the value chain with the largest possible plastic quantities recycled into new products, alternatively technologies that convert the plastic so it can be recycled in the form of monomer recovery / new polymers.
The Ocean Plastic Forum members are:
- Maskinmestrenes Forening – chairman of Ocean Plastic Forum
- Aalborg University / MarinePlastic plastic impact on ocean ecosystem
- Bifrost: Danish ocean plastics consultant in Singapore
- Clean Seabed: Ships, divers and subsea garbage collection company
- Desmi RoClean – equipment combatting marine pollution
- DTU – Denmarks Technical University – research plastic & maritime
- DAKOFA – the competence center for waste og ressources.
- Danske Maritime – the association of maritime suppliers.
- Danish Shipping – the association of Danish ships.
- Danske Havne – organisation for Danish harbours.
- DPPO: Danmarks Pelagiske Producentorganisation (DPPO).
- Ekspedition Plastik – documenting ocean plastic pollution.
- EnergySolution – automation and optimization solutions.
- EPS Recycle – machine supplier of container for pressing plastic.
- FIMUS – Fiskeri- og Søfartsmuseet – OceanLab.
- Fredericia Maskinmesterskole – marine engineers and research.
- Fritz Eilersen innovation – innovation and technology. Diver.
- Gleco A/S: producer & distributor of big bags.
- GreenCo: Depolymerization plant turning plastics to re-useable.
- HEGSØ: Recruitment and headhunting for Cleantech.
- Insatech A/S: – energy optimization solutions for the maritime sector.
- IUG – the NGO Engineers without Borders.
- KIMO – international environmental NGO with a focus on coastline.
- KU – Københavns Universitet – research ocean plastic characteristics.
- Maersk Supply Service – supply ships and global services & solutions.
- Makeen Energy – production and knowledge of pyrolysis containers.
- MangaStreet – commodities from marine plastic.
- MarinePlastic / Aalborg University – plastic impact ocean ecosystem.
- OurPlasticFreeOcean: ocean plastic collector Mediterrenean.
- Pack Tech: Plastic products and packaging solutions.
- PFA – pension company, responsible investor.
- PlanMiljoe: environmental consultant.
- Plast2Oil – producer of pyrolysis container for the maritime sector.
- Plast Center Danmark – the plastics knowledge center.
- Plasticchange – NGO with a focus on plastic pollution.
- Plastindustrien – confederation of Danish Industries.
- Plastix – producer of high-quality raw ocean plastic material.
- Port Environment – harbour consultant.
- Pure Oceans – beach plastic collectors producing e.g. iPhone covers.
- Q8 – ocean plastic into marine LNG & LPG.
- RagnSells – renewable plastic waste – washing, sorting and re-use.
- Reaktor & DeNova – sorting of waste og pyrolysis.
- Reflow Maritime – ocean plastic digital platform.
- Re-bag – plastic bags and other plastic products.
- ReSea – removes plastic waste from the ocean – fast and literally.
- RICE – interior og accessories in plastic.
- RUC – Roskilde University – research plastic and environment.
- Salling Group – supermarket chain with focus on sustainable materials.
- SeaMachines – autonomous control systems for watercraft.
- Strandet – hands-on plastic hotspots – Danish West Coastline.
- Udenrigsministeriet – the ministry of foreign affairs.
- Von Plast – production of plastic grains and products.
- WaveSolution – Seahorse: Wave construction for plastic collection.
- WWF – the global environmental NGO.
Members of this formal network – Ocean Plastic Forum – case-by-case decide to be involved in projects as a main contractor or a sub-contractor. For membership please press Contact and membership.
Ocean Plastic Forum partners:
Several associations are not directly involved in operationel activities of Ocean Plastic Forum but want to make a probono contribution. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Present partners are listed below: