Welcome to the Ocean Plastic Forum siteImprove the environment in the aquatic sphere and along the shores by recovering the plastic
Ocean Plastic Forum is a partner and member organization working towards developing technologies and business models for collecting plastic from the ocean, rivers, sea shores, harbours and waters globally.
The aim is to improve the environment in the aquatic sphere and along the shores by recovering the plastic. The aim is also to cycle the recovered plastic as high as possible in the value chain with the largest possible plastic quantities recycled into new products, alternatively technologies that convert the plastic so it can be recycled in the form of monomer recovery / new polymers.
The environmental problems associated with plastic pollution of all oceans and local waters and the negative influence this pollution has on marine life in the oceans, fishery resources, livelihood of coastal areas, basic nature values, tourism and the long-term threat against human health has led to a global call for preventive actions.
Interest in large scale mitigating activities has increased and several Danish companies have developed equipment, technologies and services targeting mitigation of plastic pollution in oceans. However, most of these companies specialize in one or few components of the string of services necessary for a full mitigating effort including planning, conceptualizing, collection, transport, sorting, upcycling and distribution of end products, which will be necessary for a successful development of this new industry cluster. A one-stop-shop for abatement services may be instrumental in making the abatement industry meet the customer, it be national or local government organization or other industries using “ocean plastic” for their products or ocean pollution abatement activities.
The Ocean Plastic Forum (OPF) objective is to support the industry in meeting market requirements, attract customers in corporation and also create a supporting secretariat on knowledge, research, development and information on plastic in the oceans from a circular economy perspective.
Konferencen 'NEXT STEP Fra hav til hylde – sammen om at genanvende hav- og husholdningsplast
6. SEPTEMBER, 2021, kl. 10.00.
Ocean Plastic Forum inviterer til åbningskonference for Projekt Next Step. Projektet skal inspirere alle interesserede danske plasthåndterings- og oparbejdningsvirksomheder til at fremstille produkter af husholdnings- og havplast.
LÆS MERE OM KONFERENCEN HER
Ocean Plastic International Matchmaking 2021 online
DECEMBER 2nd 2021 – OPIM.
The purpose of the Business2Business event is to offer the frames for short personal meetings between your company and potential business or development partners.
The Ocean Plastic Forum members are:
- Maskinmestrenes Forening – chairman of Ocean Plastic Forum
- Aalborg University / MarinePlastic plastic impact on ocean ecosystem.
- Bifrost: Danish ocean plastics consultant in Singapore.
- Clean Seabed: Ships, divers and subsea garbage collection company.
- Clenflex – producer of pyrolysis container for the maritime sector.
- Copenhagen Cartel – producer of cloth from ocean plastic.
- Desmi RoClean – equipment combatting marine pollution.
- DTU – Denmarks Technical University – research plastic & maritime.
- DAKOFA – the competence center for waste og ressources.
- Danske Maritime – the association of maritime suppliers.
- Danmarks Fiskeriforening – the Danish Fishermens PO.
- Danish Shipping – the association of Danish ships.
- Dansk Affaldsminimering – Production of reusable plastic – PP & PE.
- Danske Havne – organisation for Danish harbours.
- DPPO: Danmarks Pelagiske Producentorganisation (DPPO).
- Ekspedition Plastik – documenting ocean plastic pollution.
- EnergySolution – automation and optimization solutions.
- EPS Recycle – machine supplier of container for pressing plastic.
- FIMUS – Fiskeri- og Søfartsmuseet – OceanLab.
- Fredericia Maskinmesterskole – marine engineers and research.
- Fritz Eilersen innovation – innovation and technology. Diver.
- Gleco A/S: producer & distributor of big bags.
- GreenCo: Depolymerization plant turning plastics to re-useable.
- Havmiljøvogter: the Royal Danish Navy – ocean plastic campaign
- HEGSØ: Recruitment and headhunting for Cleantech.
- Insatech A/S: – energy optimization solutions for the maritime sector.
- IUG – the NGO Engineers without Borders.
- KIMO – international environmental NGO with a focus on coastline.
- KU – Københavns Universitet – research ocean plastic characteristics.
- Maersk Supply Service – supply ships and global services & solutions.
- Makeen Energy – production and knowledge of pyrolysis containers.
- MangaStreet – commodities from marine plastic.
- MarinePlastic / Aalborg University – plastic impact ocean ecosystem.
- OurPlasticFreeOcean: ocean plastic collector Mediterrenean.
- Pack Tech: Plastic products and packaging solutions.
- PFA – pension company, responsible investor.
- PlanMiljoe: environmental consultant
- Plast Center Danmark – the plastics knowledge center.
- Plastindustrien – confederation of Danish Industries.
- Plastix – producer of high-quality raw ocean plastic material.
- Port Environment – harbour consultant.
- Pure Oceans – beach plastic collectors producing e.g. iPhone covers.
- RagnSells – renewable plastic waste – washing, sorting and re-use.
- Reaktor & DeNova – sorting of waste og pyrolysis.
- Re-bag – plastic bags and other plastic products.
- ReSea – removes plastic waste from the ocean – fast and literally.
- RICE – interior og accessories in plastic.
- RightOn – sustainable promotional items
- RUC – Roskilde University – research plastic and environment.
- Salling Group – supermarket chain with focus on sustainable materials.
- SDU – the University of Southern Denmark
- SeaMachines – autonomous control systems for watercraft.
- Strandet – hands-on plastic hotspots – Danish West Coastline.
- Udenrigsministeriet – the ministry of foreign affairs.
- Von Plast – production of plastic grains and products.
- WaveSolution – Seahorse: Wave construction for plastic collection.
- WWF – the global environmental NGO.
Members of this formal network – Ocean Plastic Forum – case-by-case decide to be involved in projects as a main contractor or a sub-contractor. For membership please press Contact and membership.
Ocean Plastic Forum partners:
Several associations are not directly involved in operationel activities of Ocean Plastic Forum but want to make a probono contribution. Please contact email@example.com. Present partners are listed below:
Header photo: KIMO